Why Australia is an ideal destination for International Students to study
Why Australia is an ideal destination for International Students to study
1. Must enroll in a full-time course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas Students(CRICOS).
2. You must be6 years or older. If you are under 18 years of age, you must hold adequate welfare arraignments during the period of your stay in Australia.
3. Able to Show English Language Skills. Find more information on https://www.atlantisvisas.com.au/study/student-subclass-500-visa#English.
4. You must meet health, character, and Australian values requirement and owe no debt to Australian Government.
5. You must have evidence of you and your family accompanying you covered by Overseas Student Health Cover.
Course selection is a vital decision, and one should search thoroughly before making this decision. Each year Australian governments (both state and federal) release a list of occupations that are in high demand in Australia. If you are not sure which course to undertake or want to switch your career and are planning to get a work visa and permanent residency in the future, then you must follow the above-mentioned lists and try to find out which occupations have consistently been in high demand for at least last three years. Not to forget that the COVID-19 situation is surprisingly changing required occupations, in which some are long term planned and some short-term planned by the government.
If you want to switch your career by undertaking a different course from your previous studies or want to continue studying in the related field, then the location of your study and your residence in Australia is a critical factor for your future. You must make a guided decision of whether to go to a regional or metropolitan area. They both have their benefits which are mentioned below:
1. Significantly high work opportunities which are absolutely essential for certain occupations.
2. Better lifestyle.
3. Supportive communities.
4. Easy commute.
1· Additional points if and when you decided to apply for Skilled Migration or Permanent Residency.
2. Comparatively high probability of permanent residency.
3. Affordable education and living.
4· Easy admission to educational institutions.
Although there are several university ranking systems, the most searched are The Times Higher Education World University Rankings, US News Best Global Universities, and QS World University Rankings. We would suggest not searching Universities only by their overall World/Australian rankings but search for top universities in your course of interest. For example, the University of Melbourne could be the best overall, but in Information Technology Monash University's curriculum might be higher in rank.
Secondly, I would also suggest checking Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT). It is a research centre funded by the government to provide transparent and appropriate information. The website compares student satisfaction, experience, and work placement among different universities.
Thirdly, look for universities that offer industrial training, assist in internship opportunities and work placements. As an international student, these factors help you in the long run.
Finally, please do consider the following as well:
1. Apply for a maximum of three Universities.
2. Apply for more than one course but provide the "Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE)" for all while applying for the visa.
3· Course tuition fees and additional charges.
4· Campus location in respect to affordable area and commute.
5· Apply for scholarships as soon as possible and try to be one of the first to be considered
6· Check campus culture and amenities available on campus.
You can include family members when you lodge your visa application. Your family member is either your partner, or your or your partner's dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
Student visa can not be granted to your child if they have turned 18 years at the time your visa is finalised. They need to apply for their own visa.
You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.
Your family members can also apply as a subsequent entrant (at a later time, separate from your application)
Australian student visa is applied online through Department of Home Affairs online immi system.
Once applied the applicant will need hap id for subclass 500 visa for their medical examination.
Student visa 500 processing time is approximately between 1 month to 3 months.
Student visa 500 Australia work hours are 40 per fortnight during terms and full time during term holidays.
The Department of Home Affairs process:
- Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector: 75% of applications in 45 days, 90% of applications in 76 days.
- Postgraduate Research Sector: 75% of applications in 3 months, 90% of applications in 6 months.
- Non-Award Sector: 75% of applications in 5 months, 90% of applications in 13 months.
- Schools Sector: 75% of applications in 8 months, 90% of applications in 10 months.
- Independent ELICOS Sector: 75% of applications in 4 months, 90% of applications in 9 months.
- Vocational Education and Training Sector: 75% of applications in 6 months, 90% of applications in 10 months.
- Higher Education Sector: 75% of applications in 44 days, 90% of applications in 6 months.
Your application for visa 500 processing time can take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly.
- you do not include all the documents department need or need more information from you.
- it takes department time to verify your information.
1. Identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, proof of name change such as marriage or divorce certificate.
2. If you are/have been married, widowed, divorced,or permanently separated, provide proof such as marriage certificates, divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents, or statutory declarations.
3. Provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last ten years since you turned 16, any military service records,or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country.
4. Passport size photographs.
5. All applicants must provide Overseas Student Health Cover.
6. Medical examinations.
7. For an applicant who is under 18, copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents; or adoption papers (if applicable).
1. All academic certificates and transcripts.
2. Employment reference letters.
3. English test results such as IELTS or PTE Academic or TOEFL or OET.
4. Any professional registration or license certificate.
5. Your curriculum vitae or resume that includes your full employment and educational history, including dates and positions held within the last ten years.
There are many conditions related to this visa, but not all the conditions apply to everyone. Following are some of the common conditions that may be applied to student visa:
1. 8104 - Work restrictions: Student cannot work more than 40 hrs per fortnight.
2. 8202 – Meet course requirements.
3. 8501 –Maintain adequate health insurance unless exempt.
4. 8516 - You must continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa..
5. 8517 –Maintain education for dependents.
6. 8532 - If you are younger than 18 years of age, you must have accommodation and support,and your general welfare must be maintained for the duration.
7. 8533 – You must let your education provider know your residential address within seven days of arriving in Australia if you were outside Australia when your visa was granted.
Once you have checked the eligibility criteria and gathered all the required documents, you are ready to lodge your student visa then talk to us.
If you want help with your visa process sand university or TAFE/College applications, we can help you with the complete process. We are registered to provide advice and lodge applications on behalf of students.
Atlantis Immigration and Visas is one of the most thorough Immigration Advise and Assistance agency. Our consultants will discuss in detail your interests and steps to your bright future, targeting long-term career and/or Skilled Migration plans for you, and at the same time most transparent and reasonably service fees.
You can contact us https://www.atlantisvisas.com.au.
Disclaimer: ‘Atlantis International Pty Ltd’ and its associates are independent consulting entities which are not associated in anyway with the Australian ‘Department of Home Affairs’ (DOHA). Information on this website does not constitute personal migration advice. For a customized migration advice based on your personal circumstances, please call and talk to one of our Immigration Consultants or register your interest with our Associates.