The purpose of the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program is to attract highly employable people for migration to Australia.
This visa is for invited skilled workers and New Zealand citizens to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
This visa lets nominated skilled workers live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
A visa for skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in regional Australia
1 Chief Executive or Managing Director
2 Construction Project Manager
3 Accountant (General)
4 Management Accountant
5 Taxation Accountant
6 External Auditor
7 Internal Auditor
10 Other Spatial Scientist
11 Civil Engineer
12 Geotechnical Engineer
13 Structural Engineer
14 Transport Engineer
15 Electrical Engineer
16 Mechanical Engineer
17 Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
18 Petroleum Engineer
19 Medical Laboratory Scientist
21 Orthodontist or Prosthetic
22 General Practitioner
23 Resident Medical Officer
25 Medical Practitioners nec
27 Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
28 Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
29 Registered Nurse (Medical)
30 Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
31 Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
32 Registered Nurses nec
33 Multimedia Specialist
34 Analyst Programmer
35 Developer Programmer
36 Software Engineer
37 Software and Applications Programmers nec
38 ICT Security Specialist
39 Social Worker
40 Maintenance Planner
Please note that the above information is general in nature and in no way constitute a Migration advice under Australian Migration Act 1958. To discuss your specific details and plan a pathway as per your circumstances, please contact us.
Application process for Australia's General Skilled Migration
1. The applicant will need to organise English test such as IELTS or PTE Academic securing atleast 6.0 each in IELTS or equivalent in PTE Academic.
2. Application for skills assessment for nominated occupation from within MLTSSL or STSOL or ROL.
3. Application for Expression of Interest.
4. Application for State / Territory Nomination.
5. Application for Skilled Migration visa application.
Department of Home Affairs Application Fees at Lodgement
Primary Applicant: A$4045
For an applicant who is at least 18: A$2020
For an applicant who is less than 18: A$1015
Department of Home Affairs Fees before Visa Grant
For an applicant who is at least 18 and have English less than IELTS 5.0 or its equivalent in PTE or TOEFL: A$4885
Applicants for the General Skilled Migration visas must have a suitable skills assessment for their nominated occupation. To be invited to apply for these visas, you must have nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list for that visa subclass.
When you submit your visa application you will need to provide evidence that you have a suitable skills assessment for your nominated occupation. You must have obtained a skills assessment by the time you are invited to apply. You cannot rely on a skills assessment that was obtained after you were invited to apply.
To obtain skills assessment you will need to provide the following:
1. Your academic certificates and transcripts.
2. Your employment reference letters with in last 10 years.
3. Your payslips, bank statements showing the receipt of pay.
4. Your record of tax payments made while working.
5. Payments to superannuation or provident fund or old age pension made by you.
6. Some skills assessment authorities also requie english test results.