This visa is closed to new applications. The only applications that can be made are Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489) Extended stay pathway and Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489) Subsequent entry pathway.
This is a temporary visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia.
Invited Pathway: This visa is closed to new applications.
Extended stay pathway: This allows existing Subclass 489 visa holders to extend their visa.
Subsequent entry pathway: This allows a member of the family unit of someone who holds a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) or a subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa to join their family members who is holder of Subclass 489 visa.
The visa holders have full work rights to work in the regional area of nominating state / territory of Australia.
If you have spouse/partner and kids, they can also be included in your application.
If you have lived for at least 2 years and worked full time for at least 1 year in a specified regional area (unless COVID-19 concessions apply) then you can lodge 'Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa', which is a permanent visa.
Extended Stay Stream: 75% of applications - Not Applicable, 90% of applications - Not Applicable; Subsequent Entrant Stream: 75% of applications - Not Applicable; 90% of applications - Not Applicable.
For all Applicants to be included in the application
1. Identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, proof of name change such as marriage or divorce certificate.
2. If you are or have been married, widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide proof such as marriage certificates, divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents or statutory declarations.
3. Provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16, any military service records or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country.
4. Passport size photographs.
For Primary Applicant
5. All academic certificates and transcripts.
6. Employment reference letters and evidence of payslips, bank statements, tax records and superannuation record.
7. English test results such as IELTS or PTE Academic or TOEFL or OET.
8. Any professional registration or license certificate.
9. Your curriculum vitae or resume that includes your full employment and educational history, including dates and positions held within last ten years.
All documents are to be color pdf files. Where documents are not in english, an authorised translated version needs to be provided.