Subclass 191 Visa

This visa enables employers in regional Australia to sponsor a skilled worker for permanent visa where employers can't source an appropriately skilled worker who is an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. COMMENCES: 16-11-2022

Subclass 191 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Subclass 191 Visa

​​​This visa 191 is for people who have lived, worked and studied in a designated regional area in Australia for at least 3 years on either Subclass 491 visa or Subclass 494 visa.

Visa Holders Work Rights in Australia

Subclass 191 is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant. If you wish to travel after this date, you must apply for a Resident Return visa.

Including Family Members

If you have spouse/partner and kids, they can also be included in your Visa Subclass 191 application.

Visa Cost

Subclass 191 visa cost will be announced on 16-11-2022.

Permanent Residence Pathway

The permanent residence pathway for 491 to 191 visa, and 494 to 191 visa.

Estimated Processing Time

Not available yet.

Subclass 191 Visa Requirements

Previous Eligible Visa

The applicant must have held either Subclass 491 visa or Subclass 494 visa for atleast 3 years, and have lived and worked in a designated regional are of australia, before an application for Subclass 191 can be lodged.

Age Limit

There is no 191 visa age limit to apply as long as an applicant hold an eligible visa.

Income Requirement

The applicant had a taxable income of A$53,900 for last 3 years. If you have a partner, only one of you will need to meet this requirement.

Visa Conditions

This is a permanent visa giving the visa holder indefinite rights to stay in Australia. There are no 191 visa conditions. However if you do not apply for citizenship then you will need to apply for Resident Return Visa after 5 years.

Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Subclass 191 Visa Document Checklist

For all Applicants to be included in the application

1. Identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, proof of name change such as marriage or divorce certificate.
2. If you are or have been married, widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide proof such as marriage certificates, divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents or statutory declarations.
3. Provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16, any military service records or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country.
4. Passport size photographs.

For Primary Applicant

5. All academic certificates and transcripts.
6. Employment reference letters and evidence of payslips.
7. English test results such as IELTS or PTE Academic or TOEFL or OET.
8. Any professional registration or license certificate.
9. Your curriculum vitae or resume that includes your full employment and educational history, including dates and positions held within last ten years.
10. Bank statements, tax records and superannuation record (If Skills Assessment is required).

All documents are to be color pdf files. Where documents are not in english, an authorised translated version needs to be provided.