This visa is for people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement.
The Global Talent Pathway has replaced the distinguished talent visa 858, and is for people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement.
The visa holders have full work rights to work in the regional area of nominating state / territory of Australia.
If you have spouse/partner and kids, they can also be included in your application.
An applicant will need to lodge an expression of interest, and be invited, before an application for Global Talent Subclass 858 visa can be made.
Global Talent visa program now prevents Masters and Honours students to lodge and EOI and receive an invitation to apply for the visa.
Department of Home Affairs Base Application Charge: A$4,710; Additional applicant charge for any other applicant who is at least 18: A$2,360; Additional applicant charge for any other applicant who is less than 18: A$1,180.
Global Talent Stream: 25% of applications in 40 days, 50% of applications in 57 Days, 75% of applications in 61 days, 90% of applications in 3 Months. However individual 858 visa processing time may vary.
The Subclass 858 Visa Global Talent pathway priority sectors are, Resources, Agri-food and AgTech, Energy, Health industries, Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space, Circular economy, Digitech, Infrastructure and tourism, Financial services and FinTech and Education.
The Distinguished Talent pathway is for extremely talented applicants who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievements working in other sectors for either a profession, sport, the arts, or academia and research. The Department of Home Affairs has appointed Engineers Australia as nomination authority for Engineers for Global Talent Program.
For Talent Visa 858 you must be internationally recognised with a record of achievement in:
- a profession
- a sport
- the arts
- academia and research
Your achievements must be exceptional and outstanding. This means you:
- are prominent in your field
- have superior abilities to others in your field
- are acclaimed as exceptional in any country where your field is practised
- have a record of sustained achievement unlikely to diminish in the near future
You must also participate in a field that:
- is recognised and accepted in Australia
- has international standing
You must be currently prominent in this field. Detailed document evidentiary requirements for 858 visa can be referred at 858 visa checklist.
For 858 global talent visa requirements, Your contribution may be: economic, social, cultural, or to raise Australia's academic, artistic or sports standing international. You must contribute to the nation as a whole.
1. You must be internationally recognised with a record of achievement in: a profession, a sport, the arts or academia and research.
2. Your achievements must be exceptional and outstanding. This means you: are prominent in your field have superior abilities to others in your field, are acclaimed as exceptional in any country where your field is practiced or have a record of sustained achievement unlikely to diminish in the future.
3. You must also participate in a field that: is recognised and accepted in Australia and has international standing.
4. You must have been prominent in this field in the past 2 years.
The Minister responsible for an intelligence or security agency within the meaning of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Act 1979; or the Director-General of Security; that the applicant has provided specialised assistance to the Australian Government in matters of security.
Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Global Business and Talent Attraction means the SES employee, or acting SES employee, who occupies, or is acting in, the position of Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Global Business and Talent Attraction.
You must be able to find work in your field in Australia, or become independently established in your field in Australia.You can't include income from work outside your field.
Candidates must show a high standard of professional achievement and an exceptional track record in their profession. This may include Senior roles, patents, professional awards, international publications and/or memberships of professioanl bodies.
These are some of the relevant policies relevant to global talent subclass 858 visa application.
These are some of the news relevant to global talent subclass 858 visa.