This visa is for an international student's parent, custodian or relative who wants to come to Australia to provide care and support to the student who is under 18 years of age or older and have exceptional circumstances that require their care.
This visa is for an international student's parent, custodian or relative who wants to come to Australia to provide care and support to the student who is; under 18 years of age or older; and have exceptional circumstances that require their care; and have applied for or been granted Australian student visa.
The visa holders have no work rights in Australia.
If you have spouse/partner and kids, they can also be included in your application. If any member of your family unit has not turned 6 years old, you cannot be granted the visa unless there are compelling and compassionate reasons or granting the visa would significantly benefit the relationship between the Australian Government and the government of another country.
The child must meet the same health requirements as you and have health insurance for the duration of their stay in Australia. You can not include children who are under 6 years old after you have submitted your application. Children who are 6 years old or older can come with you but they must apply for their own student visa.
Student Guardian visa can be extended, and its duration is decided by the student visa holder’s stay and their age.
Base Application Charge: A$710; Additional applicant charge for any other applicant who is at least 18: A$530; Additional applicant charge for any other applicant who is less than 18: A$175.
Standard Stream: 25% of applications: 42 Days; 50% of applications: 68 Days; 75% of applications: 3 Months; 90% of applications: 5 Months.
Be a parent, a custodian or a relative of the student visa holder and has the custody of the student, who will provide accommodation, general welfare and support to the student who is under 18 years of age or who is 18 years of age or older and needs care and support due to exceptional circumstances.
A relative is student’s Parent or step-parent, grandparent or step-grandparent, sibling or stepsibling, aunt, uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle, niece, nephew or step-niece or step-nephew, partner, child or stepchild
You can be in or outside Australia but not in immigration clearance, but if you are in Australia you must not be the holder of the following visas: Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa - Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or consular) stream only or Subclass 995 Diplomatic visa (Primary visa holder only) or Subclass 771 Transit visa or Subclass 600 Visitor visa (Sponsored Family stream or Approved Destination Status stream).If you do not hold a substantive visa then the last substantive visa you held was a Student visa, a Special purpose visa or a Subclass 995 Diplomatic visa as a member of family unit; and you make application within 28 days of when your last substantive vis expires or tribunal has set aside the cancellation or Minister has not decided not to revoke the cancellation.
You must maintain adequate health insurance while you hold this visa and are in Australia. This insurance must cover all hospital costs including transport in case you stand in need of it.
For 590 Guardian visa Australia, you must be able to show that you have A$21,041 for living expenses, A$7,362 for spouse (if included in application), A$3,152 each for dependent (if included in application), A$8,296 for each school aged dependent.
You must meet Australia's health, character, Australian values requirement and owe no debt to Australian Government.
1. Identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, proof of name change such as marriage or divorce certificate.
2. If you are or have been married, widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide proof such as marriage certificates, divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents or statutory declarations.
3. Provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16, any military service records or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country.
4. Passport size photographs.
5. All applicants must provide Overseas Student Health Cover.
6. Medical examinations.
7. Provide completed Form 157N - Student guardianship arrangements
8. Genuine temporary entrant document.
9. For every dependent 6 years old or younger who is applying with you, demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances or provide written support from the government of your home country or a letter of support from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
10. Provide consent for any applicant under 18 years of age to migrate to Australia from anyone who has a legal right to decide where the child lives and is not coming to Australia with the child.
11. They must complete either Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years, or a statutory declaration giving their consent for the child to visit Australia on this visa.
12. The applicant or their sponsor needs to show Financial evidence of A$21,041 for living expenses, A$7,362 for spouse (if included in application), A$3,152 each for dependent (if included in application), A$8,296 for each school aged dependent; or primary applicant's parent, spouse or de facto partner has a personal annual income that is at least AUD72,592.
All documents are to be color pdf files. Where documents are not in english, an authorised translated version needs to be provided.