Checklist for student visa

Checklist of documents required as supporting evidence for Australian student visa

Document Checklist Student Visa

The student visa application checklist required to be followed for an Australian student visa subclass 500 application depends on the assessment level of the application, which is based on country of passport of the student, and the chosen institution for study.

Student Visa Document Checklist Application

Student 500 visa requirements for all applicants to be included in the application:

  • Identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, proof of name change such as marriage or divorce certificate.
  • If you are or have been married, widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide proof such as marriage certificates, divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents or statutory declarations.
  • Provide an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16, any military service records or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country.
  • Passport size photographs.
  • All applicants must provide Overseas Student Health Cover.
  • Medical examinations.
  • For an applicant is under 18, copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents; or adoption papers (if applicable).

Student Visa 500 Checklist For Primary Applicant

  • All academic certificates and transcripts.
  • Employment reference letters.
  • English test results such as IELTS or PTE Academic or TOEFL or OET. Read for more information: Australia Student Visa English Requirements
  • Any professional registration or license certificate.
  • Your curriculum vitae or resume that includes your full employment and educational history, including dates and positions held within last ten years.

Confirmation of enrolment, letters of support and acceptance forms

  • If you are applying outside Australia, please provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses.
  • If you are applying inside Australia, please provide a CoE or letter of offer for all intended courses. You must provide the CoEs before the visa can be granted.
  • If you are an Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Australian Department of Defence sponsored student then you will need to provide a letter of support.
  • If your letter of support does not say it will meet the living costs and expenses of each secondary applicant, then evidence of sufficient funds is also required.
  • If you are a secondary exchange student, you will need to provide an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student form.
  • If you are a postgraduate research student required to remain in Australia for marking of your thesis you will need to provide a letter from your education provider.

Evidence to show you have money to fund your study and stay in Australia

  • The applicant or their sponsor will need to show to the 'Department of Home Affairs' to show Financial evidence of 1 year of tuition fees of their intended course, A$21,041 for living expenses, A$7,362 for spouse (if included in application), A$3,152 each for dependent (if included in application), A$8,296 for each school aged dependent; or primary applicant's parent, spouse or de facto partner has a personal annual income that is at least AUD72,592. Read for more information: Student Visa Financial Requirements

500 visa checklist primary applicant partner

  • Provide your partner's identity documents such as passport and birth certificate.
  • Character documents such as police clearance from all the countries where they have lived more cumulatively more than 12 months in last 10 years.
  • If you are married, please provide your marriage certificate. De facto partners will have to provide other evidence such as: you have a mutual commitment with your partner to the exclusion of all others, your relationship is genuine and continuing
    you either live together or don't live permanently apart, you are not related by family.

All documents as specified in document checklist for student visa Australia are to be color PDF files. Where documents are not in English, an authorised translated version needs to be provided.

Disclaimer: ‘Atlantis International Pty Ltd’ and its associates are independent consulting entities which are not associated in anyway with the Australian ‘Department of Home Affairs’ (DOHA). Information on this website does not constitute personal migration advice. For a customized migration advice based on your personal circumstances, please call and talk to one of our Immigration Consultants or register your interest with our Associates.

Contact us for Consultation

Find out how we can help you to study, visit, live, work, invest and/or do business in Australia.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.